Pumpkin Walnut Fudge
4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 cup fresh pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree
3 tables spoons unsalted buttetr, cut into bits
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chopped walnuts
In a 4 quart sauce pan combine suagr,milk,corn syrup,puree and a pinch of salt. Cook the mixture over moderate heat.
Stir untill the sugar is dissolved and candy thermometer says 238 degres remove from heat add butter.(do not stir the butter
in to mixture) let mixture cool to 140 degrees then stir in vanilla and walnut mix with a wooden sppon for one minute then
pour into a butterd 9 inch square pan let fudge cool and cut into sqaures.
mix makes about 2 lbs you and store it up to 2 weeks in a cool place.
Harry Potter Spice Cakes
Serves 21 Magical Muggle Cakes
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softend butter or margarine
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ginger
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix eggs,sugar,butter,cinnamon,ginger and vanilla into a large mixing bowl whip for 2 minutes.
Mix other solid ingredients and milk in gradually into large mixing bowl. Put batter in muffin tins "DO NOT FILL TO HIGH"
these cake should be semi flat. bake for 25 minutes decorate as you please. These go best with honey.
Gourmet Carmel Apples
- wooden craft sticks
- 5 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 7 ounces chocolate candy bar, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup colored candy coating melts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Dip apples into boiling water briefly, using
a slotted spoon, to remove any wax that may be present. Wipe dry and set aside to cool. Insert sticks into the apples through
the cores. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the unwrapped caramels into a microwave-safe medium bowl along with 2 tablespoons
of water. Cook on high for 2 minutes, then stir and continue cooking and stirring at 1 minute intervals until caramel is melted
and smooth. Hold apples by the stick, and dip into the caramel to coat. Set on waxed paper; refrigerate for about 15 minutes
- Heat the chocolate with 1 tablespoon of shortening in a separate microwave-safe
bowl using the same process until melted and smooth. Dip apples into the chocolate to cover the layer of caramel. Return to
the waxed paper to set.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave with the remaining shortening, stirring every
30 seconds until smooth. Use a fork or wooden stick to flick colored designs onto your apples for a finishing touch. Refrigerate
until set, overnight is even better.